Summer grillin’ food, fun & family!
PLANK GRILLED CHICKEN WITH FRUIT SALSA
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Alder Plank, soaked
- Lime wedges for serving
Soak Alder Plank for one hour. Combine peaches, mango, pepper, onion and lime juice in a bowl; set aside.
Set the EGG for direct cooking at 325°F/163°C.
Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with sea salt. Place soaked plank on the grid close the dome and heat for 1 minutes. Flip the plank, and place the chicken on the heated side. Grill approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is done (165ºF/74°C).
Remove chicken and plank from the EGG and squeeze lime over the chicken. Stir the torn basil into the salsa and serve over the chicken.